Photobucket

Street Art, Stickers, Graffiti...



About two years ago I started noticing a serious upswell of sticker art/graffiti here in Philadelphia. About a year ago I decided to start seriously documenting this work and it has become a passion of mine to say the least! I have always admired good arty graffiti especially that with either a message or a sense of humor about it. (I am no fan of tagging or name scrawls... not much talent required there) I have not seen too much good spray graffiti here in the city so I have been drawn to the sticker art, paste up work and the odd stencil as well as the good spray here and there. Soon it will be time to think about what to do with all this work. (hello PEEL magazine!) Here is where you can find some of the best work by the old skool Philly sticker artists BOB and El Toro as well as current kings Mousse, UWP, TIcky and A Little Birdie plus a rash of other artists work. I guess that is what draws me in, their artists and not merely taggers. Pure class abounds!

*** I won a 2007 City Paper "Choice Award" for sharpest/quickest street eye which is a validation of sorts for this work! As seen below :

Sharpest, Quickest Street-Art Eye

If you see something cool stuck to the back of a street sign, spray-painted on the sidewalk or glued to a railing, chances are damonabnormal, aka Damon Landry, has already seen it, snapped it and posted it to his flickr.com page. Whenever I see something cool out and about, without fail, Landry's already been there. It's uncanny. And frustrating. And amazing.

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

top